Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ch 3 #2

I have noticed that sarcasm has become very popular in my age group. I maybe use it at least once a day. Because of the internet, many people have sarcastic comebacks for their friend's obvious statements. If I were to say it was hot, one of my friends would say, "you don't say." Most of the sarcastic comments I hear or use are friendly and joking. I don't hear many sarcastic comments that have ill intent. Hyperboles are used often too. I have recently said that the weather is so hot that I could die, but I wouldn't have actually died in the weather here. Sarcasm and hyperboles are not actually really required to be in daily conversations, but it makes conversations more interesting. Sometimes, depending on the situations, sarcasm and hyperboles are not used in a friend and jokingly way that I use. People have used these rhetorical devices to make people feel bad about themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment