Thursday, November 15, 2012

Ch 12 #2

There was a time I was sitting in a restaurant by the window at night. There was a game going on so the bar right next to the restaurant was packed with people inside and out. My friend and I were observing the people outside the window, trying to assume what they were up to. Some people were so drunk, they had to sit down and there were girls being hit on or maybe they were friends with those people. I'm not sure. There is only person I did incorrect assume about. There was a guy that was hunched over the seat of a bike and it looked like he had some sort of tool. I thought he was trying to steal the seat of the bike, but when he straighten up, the seat was still on the bike so I wasn't sure what happen. I then see him turn on a light on the seat that wasn't there before. I told my friend he was trying to steal that seat but we realized that he was only putting a bike light onto the seat post.

1 comment:

  1. I think I would have the same reaction if I saw someone hunched over a bike at night. I think it's just a human defense mechanism we have, like when we get that fight or flight moment. You automatically make assumptions because you are not sure what is going on in order to make yourself feel a little safer and to seem like you know what's going on. I also think that there are times when your assumptions can be right, like you experienced with those other guys outside of the bar. I think we still need to remain skeptical of our first reactions because they are not always true.

    ReplyDelete