Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ch 12 #1

On one site, my horoscope says "Your social life will be in full swing today, with invitations and group activities almost showered upon you. It's a shame you won't be able to take advantage of every activity, but at least make a point of catching up in the near future." 
I don't think it is true today. I did not get invitations and only got one email that is related to a group activity. I did not really talk to that many people today. Sometimes I feel like some horoscopes apply to me, but today, this doesn't. I think this could apply to make people because it is so vague, but some people might think this is really sad when it's wrong. I could think that other Cancer's are having lots of invitations to things and I could wonder why I'm not getting any. What if i slept in all day or didn't have internet for people to contact me. Well, maybe many people might have tried to contact me and it didn't get through. It could have showered me without me knowing. I never really believe in daily horoscopes because they never seemed to apply to me but I think the overall traits about my sign applies sometimes. 

4 comments:

  1. After reading a few student blogs about their horoscopes, it's been a back and forth thing where one believes that it does apply to them and doesn't. I agree with you that horoscopes can and might not apply to some people at a certain days but I believe it isn't something we should really rely on. Sure it may seem to apply to what it says on some days, but as a good example your horoscope isn't something you think won't apply for today. Horoscopes are fun to read about but I believe it isn't something we should always believe. I find it interesting because my Horoscope for today is something similar to yours with social activity and what not and I am a Leo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rawrgles,

    I did not think that my horoscope was true either. I mentioned that a belief in horoscopes is related very much to who you are as a person. There are some people who believe horoscopes because they have read ones that apply greatly to their lives, but I think that horoscopes are very random. They are very generic and broad so that it is open to interpretation. I thought that it was very interesting that you mentioned how horoscopes could make people sad. I never really thought about it this way and I guess that could be true! Just like how people post exciting things on Facebook, I guess horoscopes could work the same way with making others jealous that someone may be having more fun than you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you when you mention that your horoscope doesn't always apply to you, but sometimes it can. And I strongly agree when you say that it could apply to people because it is vague. I think that is a key reason why many people believe they apply to them. There is no way that every single virgo or pisces or cancer etc will have the same things happen to them. That is why I believe they are very vague so many people feel like it applies directly to them. Also, I do agree when you say that sometimes the overall traits can apply to you, as I feel like my traits as a pisces refer to me, but while many may be exactly like their sign says, there is still a large amount of people that are nothing like them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha that's actually ironic that your horoscope tells you that you're going to have a lot of communication and what not when at the same time you're having the exact opposite. I think that horoscopes are not really valid and are easily falsifiable. The main reason that people believe in them is that they want to believe in them and therefore try to find ways for the horoscope to look like it applies to them. Like you said, your sign applies sometimes, mostly because each sign applies to a large amount of people and some may find it true. Thanks for sharing your observations and mind about horoscopes.

    ReplyDelete