Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Chapter 7 #1

Within the week, I have used inductive reasoning. I have a friend who is not the best bicyclist in the world. She doesn't know how to avoid people, and she cannot bike with one or no hands. I can't bike with no hands either, but I can bike with one hand. She is not able to read other people's movements good enough to avoid hitting them. One day I saw her biking to school while I was biking home, and I greeted her with a wave and a "hi." She said hi and waved back, but as soon as she took that one hand off the handle bars, her bike swerved. I told her she doesn't have to wave anymore. Because taking a hand off, causes swerving and swerving might cause accidents. Therefore my friend might get hurt if she doesn't control her bike.
This is an inductive argument, because I have reasons to believe she does not always control her bike as well as people hope. When someone is not able to control something he/she are using, it will most likely lead to some sort of accident. My prediction actually came true when she got hit by a car coming out of a parking lot. She is a bit bruised, but she's fine.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rawrgles!

    First off, I hope your friend is doing well and that she is okay. I think that your inductive reasoning was good because it was cautious of the risks her actions may cause. Your inductive reasoning works because it was a possibility that it would lead to some sort of an accident, and it was unfortunate that it really did. It was a great way to prepare yourself and your friend for the dangers of riding a bike when one's control over the bike is not that great. Overall, I think this was a good inductive reasoning and it is a reminder that it is important to go over the risks of any action.

    -Robin

    ReplyDelete