Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Ch 2 #1

Identifying my strengths is important in choosing a career, because I can't get a job as an accountant if I'm not good at math. I can't have a job that I know I wont be good at. If I like computer games and wished to work in creating one, I would suck at that job. Just because I'm interested in something, that doesn't mean I could do it for a living. If I didn't think about what my strengths might be, I would probably not know what I want to do in life right now. Strengths are not always easy to realize though. I did take awhile to figure out what subject would like to teach if I didn't teach K-8. I only realized last year that I was good at History.

I have a good imagination. I can't wait to put posters up in a classroom when I become a teacher. I like thinking about what kind of plans I would have or what kind of projects I can do with the children. I want to do arts and crafts and make caterpillars with cups ans wires and stuff. But then I think about older kids, and get sad because they have more serious class. I wouldn't know if we would have time doing fun stuff like that.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you that identifying strength is important in choosing a career. I feel like a person shouldn’t work in a place where they hate going to work or that they are not good in the field they are in (sucking at the job). Its important to love your job, because you don’t want to wake up every morning in a crabby mood because you hate your job. You should wake up excited for work because you love what you do. Also working in a place that you are not good at can result badly in many ways like being fired or you just hating your job for the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When choosing a career, individuals certainly do need to identify their strengths, but also their weaknesses. I completely agree with you how, just because you might have an interest in something doesn't mean that you might do such a thing for a living. Being more passionate with your career is way more rewarding than doing a career because of the good pay. In result, looking at your own strengths is very important when deciding a career. Because you enjoy history and teaching, it is a good thing that you were able to connect the two together and strive to be a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you do understand your strengths and you believe you found a career based on those strengths. I, myself, at one point thought about being a history teacher as well. Yes I find it somewhat boring, but it is something I felt that I was good at. Your career should really be something you enjoy because you will be doing that for a long time. Being good at it makes it all the more enjoyable, because that will make it less of a struggle. For example, if someone is shy, they would find it very difficult to be a public relations person who deals with people all day.

    ReplyDelete